Sunday, January 27, 2008

Work'n For the Weekend

With three meets under my belt, I am finally getting used to the unique qualities that compose the indoor season. The tracks have ranged from 160 meters to 300 meters, making each race a completely new experience. My races got turned upside down when I realized I was going to have to face the mental challenge of more laps per race.
The first meet at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa, was a new experience all around. The biggest struggle was the air. Running indoors kills your throat. I have exercise induced asthma anyways, and breathing air that dry really does a number on your breathing.
The size and air are aspects that I will get used to as more meets pass. As a team, our main goal is to train through indoor to peak during our outdoor season.
Next weekend we have a meet at Cornell in Mt. Vernon, Iowa. Wish us luck!

No comments: