Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Time For a Break

As the season reaches the halfway point, we finally get a weekend off. Sweet relief lies ahead with a weekend lacking a meet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy competing, but this is going to be a beneficial break.
Not only will it help us rest our legs before the Mid-State Classic at Winfield, it's going to give the team a chance to go home and spend time with their families. I plan on spending my weekend back home in Cheney chatting with my parents, going shopping with my grandma, and getting to chill with my sisters.
As far as last weekend's meet at Jones Park in Emporia went, a lot of the team had new personal best, while I struggled to finish the race. It was a warmer day on a grassy, tree covered course which aggravated my exercise induced asthma. Needless to say, the next meet will be a better one for me.

No comments: